Today we were back at it again. I was mainly working on putting more panels up. I have to say, this takes way longer than you think it should. There is a lot of measuring and cutting, and then more measuring and more cutting and so on. It would be easy if the panels were all just perfect rectangles, but they’re not. Things like windows and corners and electrical receptacles are all things you need to make holes for.
I started in the southern slide-out. Here is my first panel.
Then I added another one…
… and the next one beside it.
That’s it. That’s all I got done today: four panels. It doesn’t seem like much. Maybe I’m just slow or too picky about making accurate measurements and cuts. In the end though, it will take what it takes. I am pretty happy with the results so I guess that is what matters.
While I was paneling, Kat was working on cleaning up the wood stove. It had some rust spots on it and it was in need of some attention.
Here you can see her in action with the power drill (with a paint/rust removal attachment) grinding away.
Kat also used a wire brush that we had bought a while back. On top of the rust removal, she also took out the glass and threw2 out the useless gasket that was around it. We’ll be putting in a new one before putting the stove back into action.
After all of the cleaning, Kat proceeded to use some stove polish to make it look a whole lot better. Here you can see her applying it.
The polish is supposed to work like car wax where you apply it then buff it off, but more of it came off than what we would have expected so we may need to try that again. In any event, it does look much better. We’re both looking forward to getting it back up and running.
Incidentally, our first fire last year was on October 25th, so we’ve passed that point. Must — work — faster.